Friday, December 18, 2009

Christmas Salads

I have the ingredients.

I have the containers with which I will be storing said ingredients.

I have the tools with which I will turn said ingredients into different foods.

And tomorrow, you're invited to join me right here as I prepare my dish for my family's potluck Christmas dinner.

On MY Menu This Year
This year, I am going to be preparing salad. I know, it sounds boring off hand, but that's only when you stop listening. I have gathered two heads of Romaine Lettuce, which I will be tossing in a bowl with some shredded carrot, cucumber and red peppers.

From there, I have all the ingredients necessary to create 4(!!) separate and distinct salad dressings: Caesar, Southwestern, Red Pepper and Apple. The first two come from base recipes with the ideas as dictated by the cookbook. The latter two are my own ideas.

But wait! There's more! I have a loaf of Parisien Bread which will be turned into homemade croutons and a pound of bacon, which will be turned into bacon bits.

Doesn't sound like a plain-old boring salad anymore, does it? It does? Oh... well.... at least it's not so much a copout anymore.

That's to come... TOMORROW!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment